- Co-instructor of Real Estate Specialty course in Meredith College’s Paralegal Program, 2014
- Directed revolving fund to buy and sell endangered historic properties for the Historic Preservation Foundation of North Carolina
- Administered environmental education programs and lobbied for the National Association of Home Builders.
- Staff counsel in water programs at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Larry and his wife have two sons in their 20s. Natives of Eastern North Carolina, they value strong family ties and enduring friendships. Larry is the keeper of the family photographs and genealogy. In his leisure time he reads historical works and enjoys photography.
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- North Carolina Business Magazine Legal Elite Recognition, 2008 and 2011
Larry served on the City of Raleigh Board of Adjustment from 2006 through 2012, and served as chairman from 2009 through 2012.